Waiting Time

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Long Time








It has been such a long time since I last updated. I went to Ethiopia, and became AmaraRose's mom on November 28. I still do not know when I get to pick her up. The wait is terrible!



Ethiopia was amazing. It was truly a fabulous experience. I really tried to take t all in, and am only now am able to process what I saw. There was such saddness and joy, poverty and abundance. The people there are able to make do with so little, and I look at my life and the waste I occur and it really is a sin. I tried many different foods there. They actually gave you so much that you had to leave some, which made me feel even worse.,



I traveled East to Awash National Park. It was exactly like what you would expect if you watch National Geographic. I was sitting in the middle of this great land and thought to my self, "Holy Crap, I'm in Africa!" There were beautiful waterfalls, rivers, lakes, mountains, volcanoes and plateaus. Ethiopia is sooo Beautiful!

The drive east shown so many different types of life, from mud huts to fancy marble hotels, cities and small villages. It was truly inspiring to see the vast contrary of life.

The city, Addis, was definitely a city. There was so much poverty amixed with nice hotels, hotels and restaraunts. The driving scared the crap out of me, people were coming every which way. It was crazy how there would be many lanes of traffic, with goats crossing the street and people walkin everywhere. It was soooo big, I only saw a piece of the City, I hope to see more when I go back. I plan to travel to the south, and see the town AmaraRose is from - Assella. I also plan on seeing more animals, ie hippos and primates. I saw a lot of different birds and deer in Awash.



I got to spend a few hours with Amara. She is truly a beautiful gift from God. I didn't know how I would feel about her, but the moment they put her in my arms, I was in love. My first thought was " I would jump in front of a bus for you" She is a very quiet mellow baby. She didn't cry once while I was there. Nothing seems to bother this child. Her nannies said she is a very mellow little girl. I can not wait to get her home as soon as possible and give her all the love I have to give.

This part of the waiting is so unbearable. I feel as thought I left my heart in Africa. I am only a shell, until she comes home I feel like I am only going through the motions right now.

I'm sure I'll write more soon, but this is a start. Sorry it took so long.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you updated and I love the pictures! I laughed at your comment "holy crap I am in Africa" because I remember saying the exact same thing.... This wait was the worst of all, but it comforted me to know how much love the nannies have for the children... hold tight!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmaraRose is beautiful! The pictures and trip are great! I know we'll get there soon! Holding out hope for word tomorrow from USE! You will hear soon! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete