Waiting Time

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Blessings

In all the crazyness of the last few weeks, I forgot what was important. I am so crazily blessed by my family and friends. I know this adoption is my journey, but I am not on it alone.

My mother, with whom is so wonderful, retired two years early just so her grand daughter will never have to go to daycare. She heard that the children of Ethiopia are deficient in iron and eggs were the best way to help them, so three weeks later she had 6 chickens so the baby will have free range organic eggs. This of course does not counteract the five million crocheted, sewn and otherwise crafty projects she plans on making.

My family is so supportive. My aunt Cindy can not wait to have a little one on their farm. Her and my uncle Bill are special ed teachers (retired) willing to help with anything needed. She has also begun sewing pillowcase dresses for Africa.

My cousin Shelly is so crazy about this baby she is constantly buying things and looking into and learning about Ethiopia. Her 6 year old daughter wanted to tell the Ethiopian Prime Minister on the petition how much she cant wait for her cousin to come home. Shelly is coming to Ethiopia with me on one of my trips.

My best friend Jodi plans on coming with me as well on one of the trips.

My friends and family are already learning about AA hair, as I am petrified on doing hair. My work is so excted that not a day goes by where people aren't asking and praying for me.

There are so many other stories I could write about, my heart is so full.

I know this will work out. This little girl with be my daughter, but she will also be a Butler, and that is a pretty great thing. I really am Blessed. I know it will work out the way it is meant to, I feel a peace I haven't felt in a long time. God is on the side of these beautiful children, and I know he sent me on this journey for a reason. I give all my anxiety to him and pray for all to work out, as so many praying as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment