Waiting Time

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mommy Moments

Today I feel like I'm going to have a long wait, and it will be hard. I am so joyous about my opportunity to adopt. I already feel like a mother, who has not met her child, and there is my child out there, waiting to meet me. I know that life is not easy, and that this will be a wild and hard journey and adventure. I am so blessed that my family and friends are taking this journey with me. How great God is. I never really knew his love like I do now. I feel he wants this adoption to happen more than anything else I have ever done.

I know 'officially', I am not a mommy yet, but I feel like I am already having my moments. I feel protective and scared, happy and excited. I'm imagining a future with my daughter. I am trying hard to stay calm in all moments ( not very easy with two sassy dogs who don't listen )! My goal is not to yell at my child (much! lol). I am preparing the house, cleaning and buying things. My God daughter is coming to my house tomorrow to spend the night, and then I am taking her to church.

I have so many emotions and thoughts running through me. I have never felt more. I really pray that this time next year my daughter is home, and I'm still sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment